Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Where am I Now?


Hello Children,

Its been a while since I've posted my where abouts to my blog.

I can only imagine that you all are probably wondering, where is this QUEEN? Is he ok? Did he fall of the beaten path? and so on, and so on. Well today, I've come to terms with myself to tell you all the truth, and let you know where I stand.

Since the passing of my mother; who I miss so much, and the brutal attack against me last summer, its been really hard to cope with alot of my emotions on a day-to-day basis. You have either seen me out or read my funny blog stories, and probably just imagined that everything was ok - quite hunky dory for a lack of better words, and said to yourself this queen better work it out. The truth is that through all of that, I was hurting so much inside, that I was self medicating the pain. So much to the point that I was way off to the deep end. I've finally realize that I can not go on living my life this way, so I've decided to check-in to a resort at an un-disclosed location far far away - which is where I am writing this blog to you from right now.

Now, if I am allowed to brag, I can honestly tell you that everything here is "quite hunky dory." I am really dealing with all of my issues, the correct way! I am proud that I have made the decision to break the cycle, and hope that you my fans, friends, family, and love ones would help me to spread the word of sobriety - it is the best gift that anyone could ever want for themselves. It feels like I have died, and come back, and will be back even stronger than I said or you thought I was. I am truly living now.

"We have a responsibility to help others grow and improve. We are truly all in the same boat – we all sink or swim together. " - Michael Berg, The Kabbalah Center.

I am eating properly, and regularly. I wake up at 7AM every morning. I work out and take a dance class everyday. I am writing new lyrics everyday. I am sketching the fall collection for my shoe line. I meet with my counselor everyday. I have group meetings as well. Its quite the recovery, children. It feels great, and I am grateful to share this part of my life with all of you, if not the world. I embrace you all with love, and thank you for all of your support.

I'll be back sooner than you think!

With Love,

Kevin Aviance

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lord is closest to them that are broken hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34

Praying you will feel God close to you during this time and allow God to heal your spirit. Love you baby!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Tony Hayden said...

F A N T A S T I C !!
if you can imagine it, then you can have it !!! A great tomorrow is simply today's positive thoughts
tonyhayden

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on asking for help. It's a big step and I wish you all the best, one day at a time.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once long ago, we lived the life you are escaping , together. Today, I am sitting with you, and holding your hand...remember, you are my sister, in darkness, and in light, I Love You...forever, whether close, or distant. I have watched you, You have inspired me to maintain a 20 plus year career in the arts, thru dance and music. Perhaps we will reconnect, and I can hold you once as we did on an ecstasy roll in your old apartment in DC on the living room floor, dreaming of the things that are now a reality, except that the pain, is still there. I suffer to, but I am still here, and I am here for you sis....Hollah...FreddieXXX

1:04 PM  
Blogger junoman said...

God Bless You Kevin. Keep up the good fight and get well. This year is a year for growth for many people and I am glad to hear your one of them.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

congrats -- this is great to hear. dealing with life sober really is the better way...even though it's tough. stick with it and good luck with the rest of your stay at the resort...

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home